[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUDs
. -> [Folder]  MUD Design Concepts
. . -> [Subject]  Introduction/greeting snippet

Introduction/greeting snippet

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by JamesTalon   Canada  (15 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 07 Oct 2009 07:51 PM (UTC)
I'm interested in getting this added into my mud, because its rather annoying seeing everyone's name, even if you never met the person. Anyone know where I can get it?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Cash   USA  (626 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 08 Oct 2009 04:49 AM (UTC)
I do believe it is built into SWFotE, so you could rip it from there.

~Nick Cash
http://www.nick-cash.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Thu 08 Oct 2009 05:17 AM (UTC)

I do believe it is built into SWFotE, so you could rip it from there.

I actually started to do that not long ago, but will need to go through it and find stuff other than the do_introduce/remember/describe parts, since it doesn't really want to work with that put in lol
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Thu 08 Oct 2009 06:54 AM (UTC)
I'm going to try to do this on my own, but if need be, does anyone know what files I'd have to go into in order to get all the relevant changes to make the introduction system work?
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

13,676 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]