[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Problem

Problem

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Mat3o   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 15 Sep 2009 06:48 PM (UTC)

Since 1 week i have some problems with adding plugins. When im trying to add anything (all plugins were working fine, and anything with my mushclient wasnt changing.)

Error looks like:

loading scripting engine
Plugin: gonienie_pro (called from world: barsawia)
Error -2147221164 occurred when loading scripting engine:

Class not registered

Any idea what should i do to fix it? ^^

Mateo.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Twisol   USA  (2,257 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Tue 15 Sep 2009 07:05 PM (UTC)
What scripting language do the plugins use, if you know? Can you point us to one of the ones that don't work? What operating system do you use?

'Soludra' on Achaea

Blog: http://jonathan.com/
GitHub: http://github.com/Twisol
[Go to top] top

Posted by Worstje   Netherlands  (899 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Tue 15 Sep 2009 07:07 PM (UTC)
That means that the scripting language used for those plugins is not installed (properly). Personally I used to experience it when installations of Python didn't succeed properly due to a lack of rights, causing some registry keys and such not to be added.

What language(s) are you experiencing it with?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Mat3o   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Tue 15 Sep 2009 09:08 PM (UTC)

It can be something with python, because i was instaling it then i uninstal it in same day.

Im using WinXP.

If that python instalation didn't succeed, what should i do? How ti rapair this? :)

Mateo.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Worstje   Netherlands  (899 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Tue 15 Sep 2009 09:31 PM (UTC)
Try running the file at {PythonPath}\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py, that should fix it by registering python for use with the WSH again.

I have noticed that for some people, it doesn't seem to work. Problem is that I have no clue why it doesn't work for those people though. :(

(P.S.: If you are using version 3 or above, and that file doesn't exist, I am completely clueless.)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Vanidor   USA  (21 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Sun 14 Oct 2012 02:41 AM (UTC)
I'm getting a similar bit with the MUSH-Teleport plugin:

[WARNING] C:\Users\[USER NAME]\Documents\MUSHclient\worlds\plugins\mush_teleport.xml
Line 197: Could not initialise script engine (Cannot load)
loading scripting engine
World: Shangrila - Alteus
Error -2147221164 occurred when loading scripting engine:

Class not registered

I'm not sure exactly when it started, I just went to log into my normal game one day and got that... I haven't changed anything...other than the display I was using <monitor going on fritz, moved 'puter to HDTV>

I even just now re-downloaded the script, on the off chance that the script itself somehow got messed up, so installed a fresh, pure copy...but getting the same error with it.

My OS is Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Mush
Client version is: 4.81
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #6 on Sun 14 Oct 2012 03:27 AM (UTC)
A new thread would have been better. The subject line "problem" is not very helpful.

That plugin uses VBscript. Maybe that isn't installed.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

20,376 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]