[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  Aardwolf inventory in miniwindow

Aardwolf inventory in miniwindow

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1  2  3  4 

Posted by Aps   (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #45 on Wed 05 Aug 2009 03:41 AM (UTC)
Plugin: Inventory_Display (called from world: Aardwolf)
Function/Sub: invdataParse called by trigger
Reason: processing trigger ""
[string "Plugin"]:165: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[string "Plugin"]:165: in function <[string "Plugin"]:132>
Error context in script:
161 : FROM = { "items" },
162 : WHERE = { "Serial = " .. iSerial }
163 : }
164 : res, s = AardSelect (t)
165*: SetVariable ("currBag", mw.strip_colours (res[1].Description:sub(1,BagLabelChars) ))
166 : SetVariable ("currBagSerial", iSerial)
167 : else
168 : SetVariable ("currBag", "Inventory")
169 : SetVariable ("currBagSerial", "inv")
[Go to top] top

Posted by Blainer   (191 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #46 on Wed 05 Aug 2009 04:51 AM (UTC)

-remove Inventory_Display from File -> Plugins

-exit MUSH
Use Window XP search on the start menu with this search "*6dbbeddda02ed2390b58ccd9-state.xml" with out the quotes (").
The search should find a file like this:
777af83cdf336b8bb5207967-6dbbeddda02ed2390b58ccd9-state.xml

Or just use Explorer to browse to this directory:
"C:\Program Files\MUSHclient\worlds\plugins\state\777af83cdf336b8bb5207967-6dbbeddda02ed2390b58ccd9-state.xml"

This is my state file name it may be different on your computer
how ever the "dbbeddda02ed2390b58ccd9" will be the same.

Delete this file, it's important that this file be deleted after the plugin has
been removed and before you install the new version.

-delete the file aardwolfdb.db

-download Inventory_Window_2.xml and aardsql.lua and copy Inventory_Window_2.xml over the old and aardsql.lua over the old.

-start MUSH and open File -> Plugins and install the Inventory_Window_2.xml.

Let em know how it goes.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Aps   (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #47 on Wed 05 Aug 2009 05:22 AM (UTC)
Worked, must of been the new lua file because I did the rest before.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Blainer   (191 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #48 on Sat 22 Aug 2009 05:21 AM (UTC)
-The script now uses xStat_Detector (link below) to find out if the character is in combat and doesn't update.
Template:post=8776 Please see the forum thread: http://gammon.com.au/forum/?id=8776.

-Tweaked a couple of settings to make it smaller.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Keberus   (31 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #49 on Sun 03 Jan 2010 03:36 AM (UTC)
Okay, I just watched a video of 'How to play a MUD' that Nick made, and he connected to Aardwolf. I thought, holy crap, those plugins are badass. I would love to use this plugin as well as some of the others on my MUSHclient, but I guess it's not just a cut/paste job and it works in any mud. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to see, or what exactly the MUD has to send to the client for it to be able to parse this information and properly show it in the inventory window.

Thanks,
KeB
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #50 on Sun 03 Jan 2010 03:45 AM (UTC)
Do you mean, from a MUD admin point of view? I had a considerable amount of cooperation from Lasher, the admin of Aardwolf. He put in extra tags in the MUD output that you could optionally turn on, which had stuff like your inventory in a machine parse-able form.

If you are only a player though, you have to make do with what a particular MUD sends. As an example, yesterday I did an inventory miniwindow demonstration on YouTube, that simply put the inventory as received from the MUD, into a separate window.

Conceptually you should be able to adapt most of the plugins for any MUD, provided you solve problems like identifying the start and end of things (eg. the map, if there is one). Again, Aardwolf helped by putting things like {map} and {mapend} around maps, to make the task much easier.

A polite message to the admins of a MUD may get some cooperation, as it is in their interests to have players keen to play, and a better user interface is going to help with that. Something like a configuration option a player can set, and then the MUD adds extra tags around things like inventory, maps, stats, etc.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #51 on Sun 03 Jan 2010 03:58 AM (UTC)
Yeah, actually I'm the coder of my game, so I'd gladly put in the necessary code, but seeing as I'm a complete noob as far as everything MUSHclient goes, I was basically wondering about the tagging system, and what I would need to put in so any player could easily use this plugin or a modified one to work on my game. So any pointers on what I would need to add in my code would be of great help.

Thanks,
KeB
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #52 on Sun 03 Jan 2010 04:07 AM (UTC)

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?id=8936&page=2

There are a number of plugins, so I would choose one - a simpler one to start with, like the map - and get that working first.

I think the map (the minimap) was something like:

{map}

... usual minimap here ...

{mapend}

Then the map plugin just picked up between {map} and {mapend} and put all that into a separate window.

There's no particularly fancy protocol here, it just used "omit from output" to hide those lines, and the map itself, from the main window.

As for other things, like player stats, you can just devise something that suits you. For example:

{stats}hp=1233,mana=4343,move=5432,xp=34343

The special line starting with {stats} can be used in a client trigger to tell it to parse the line (and omit from output) and then you can use some easy-to-parse format to supply the individual figures. This is easy enough to do at the MUD end, and easy for the client to parse.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #53 on Sun 03 Jan 2010 04:16 AM (UTC)
Okay, thanks for the heads up. I'm definitely going to have to delve deeper into the mini-windows things, and have to start breaking some of these down a bit so I can get some of these cool features working on my client for my game.

Thanks
[Go to top] top

Posted by David Haley   USA  (3,881 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #54 on Sun 03 Jan 2010 06:53 PM (UTC)
I would consider using a protocol like ZMP to communicate data as it provides a generic layer for sending information.

http://www.mudbytes.net/index.php?a=forum&f=41

This avoids having to write your own parsing rules, although it could be overkill depending on how much stuff you're trying to send. One advantage is that it's standardized to some extent (or more accurately, you can influence its standardization at this point) which can hopefully help cross-client compatibility as well as allowing multiple servers to talk to the same client more easily.

David Haley aka Ksilyan
Head Programmer,
Legends of the Darkstone

http://david.the-haleys.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by Raizus   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #55 on Fri 30 Jul 2010 08:27 AM (UTC)
first of, let me apologize for reviving an old thread.

i just started using this plugin but when ever i hover my cursor over an item in the inventory mini-window i get this error. the error only shows once on first hover. the only way to get it to show again is to restart the client. i am at a loss as to correct it. i'm new to muds and altering their clients. i've followed blainer's instructions installed/ uninstaleld multiple times. this is where i got the files. http://code.google.com/p/aardinvwin/downloads/list

Run-time error
Plugin: Inventory_Display (called from world: Aardwolf)
Function/Sub: invdetailsParse called by trigger
Reason: processing trigger ""
[string "Plugin"]:1180: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        [string "Plugin"]:1180: in function 'ShowDet'
        [string "Plugin"]:254: in function <[string "Plugin"]:228>
Error context in script:
1176 : 
1177 :  end --select from db
1178 : 
1179 :  --heading and spaces to ensure popup is never too small
1180*:  HeadingText =  sOff .. item.items[1].Description:gsub("a ", "", 1)  .. sOff
1181 :  inT (string.rep (" ", math.max (25, mw.strip_colours(HeadingText):len())))
1182 : 
1183 :  --get details if not already in database
1184 :  if not item.items[1].Level or GetVariable("UseCache") == "false" then
Trigger function "invdetailsParse" not found or had a previous error.

[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #56 on Thu 11 Aug 2011 06:59 AM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 11 Aug 2011 07:07 AM (UTC) by Fiendish

I hate to see something like this just die. I had the same problem as Raizus, which was solved by replacing the pattern for the invheader trigger with

match="^\{invheader\}(-?\d+)\|(-?\d*)\|([A-Za-z ]*)\|(-?\d*)\|(-?-?\d*)\|([A-Za-z ,-]*)\|([A-Za-z0-9 ,-]*)\|([A-Za-z0-9 ]*)\|([A-Za-z0-9 -]*)\|(-?\d*)\|(-?\d*)\|(-?\d*)\|"

It still doesn't work inside containers though. And there are other bugs that sadly make this just a cute toy without further development. :\

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Posted by ShenDragon   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #57 on Sat 22 Oct 2011 05:07 PM (UTC)
I have not used this yet, I'm at work so I cannot play right now... but I'm pretty sure that casting enchant weapon|armor on an item changes it's statmod|resistmod numbers without adjusting the item id. Can the code account for a (c "enchant w" emerald) then do a lookup for items matching "emerald" that are currently in the inv and update stats/resists or something like that?

I'm going to start playing with codes when i get a chance, but I only have passing experience with VBA, so they won't be pretty.

Awesome plugin, don't let it die!

...in related suggestions: right click item in miniwindow and (c "enchant weapon|armor" <item>) might not be too far fetched, nor would a (Get <item> <bag>), right? I can see a lot more awesomeness for this thing...

Fiendish, have id numbers been implemented for inside bags yet(or maybe it was for drop|sac)? Blainer mentioned something about it in an earlier post, just wondered if it had ever been implemented.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Stargate   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #58 on Wed 26 Dec 2012 11:47 PM (UTC)

I scroll over an item and it says

"getting details from MUD.."

but It never gives the info...

Thanks for the Help

Chris
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

179,349 views.

This is page 4, subject is 4 pages long:  [Previous page]  1  2  3  4 

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]