[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Tips and tricks
. . -> [Subject]  Alias firing on text from words, Need arguments to Alias

Alias firing on text from words, Need arguments to Alias

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Grogan   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 23 May 2009 11:34 PM (UTC)
I use a lot of small aliases which I pass arguments to:

"wea playername" becomes "c 'weaken' playername"

"wea" by itself works mid-combat it just becomes
"c 'weaken'"

I have the alias set as: wea*
and Send set as: c 'weaken'%1

This works perfect for me. What I can't figure out how to do is stop the alias from firing on other commands:

invisibility spell alias = "inv*"

"invite playername" becomes "c 'invisibility'ite playername"

weaken spell alias = "wea*"

"wear chainmail" becomes "c 'weaken'r chainmail"

I've looked through the forum and I didn't see anyone else who had tried to do this. I read the documentation on alias syntax but I'm not clever enough to figure out a solution.

Thank in advance.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 23 May 2009 11:49 PM (UTC)

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Grogan   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sat 23 May 2009 11:59 PM (UTC)
Perfect! Thanks a lot. Keep up the great work by the way. I had used Zmud since I started playing on MUDs 10+ years ago. Just stumbled across MUSHclient a few weeks ago, and love it.

One more question though.
I don't suppose there's an option I missed somewhere that lets you split your mud window when scrolling up into the buffer, so you can see whats currently going on? I know Zmud has it built in, and I'm guessing that as versatile and flexible as MC is I'm sure it would be possible, if so I'd appreciate another point in the right direction. :)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sun 24 May 2009 04:47 AM (UTC)
You can use Window menu -> New Window to make a second output window. One can be paused and one can be used to scroll back.

However as you are not the first to ask this recently I have written a small plugin that lets you do something similar to what you are requesting, automatically. See:

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=9454

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

9,407 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]