[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  MXP and Pueblo
. . -> [Subject]  mxp send tag
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

mxp send tag

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Typhon   USA  (112 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 01 Nov 2008 08:33 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 01 Nov 2008 08:34 AM (UTC) by Typhon

Send with HINT
You can set up a "mouse-over" hint that appears if the player moves the mouse over the hyperlink. eg.

<send href=West hint="Go to the second floor landing">West - The Second Floor Landing</send>

In this case, the player sees "Go to the second floor landing" in a little popup window if they move the mouse over the hyperlink.

i'm trying to use this to send a small block of text on mouse over for items and stats and such, however i'd like to break up the text using newlines so the block of text isnt as wide as the screen.

Problem i'm running into is that neither '\n' or '<BR>' do anything in the tooltip popup.

'\n' breaks the mxp code sends all sorts of trash to the mud and no tool tip.

<BR> just shows as <BR> in the tool tip.

I've checked the outcome in both zmud and mushclient and i seem to have run into a brick wall.
thanks
-typ
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,321 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 01 Nov 2008 09:55 PM (UTC)
I can't see any way of doing it right now, however for version 4.38 I have relaxed the restriction on MXP entities slightly so you can put newlines in them. So this would work from version 4.38 onwards:

<send href=West hint="Go to the &#10; second floor landing">West - The Second Floor Landing</send>

That may have other undesirable side-effects if you used &#10; unwisely, I'm not sure.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Sun 02 Nov 2008 12:27 AM (UTC)
yeah i'm not seeing it working correctly...
using zmud it just cuts off the hint completely after the '&#10;' and in mush it cuts the hint after something like 57 characters.. with out that it'll show the entire description i need it to.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,321 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sun 02 Nov 2008 09:15 PM (UTC)
To be compatible with zMUD I would stick with single-line hints. MUSHclient v 4.38 will support my suggested change, however that won't help on zMUD.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Tue 04 Nov 2008 06:40 AM (UTC)
meh i left it as a single line not a huge fan if theres a long description going all across the screen but the staff is happy with it and i can deal if theyre content. thanks tho nick :)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

5,079 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]