[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Aliases not loading in 4.04

Aliases not loading in 4.04

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Norbert   USA  (61 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 19 Apr 2007 11:19 AM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 19 Apr 2007 11:22 AM (UTC) by Norbert

I get pages and pages of similar errors like the following
Quote:
Line 72: Error "Failed: this version of PCRE is not compiled with PCRE_UTF8 support at offset 0
" processing regular expression "^\#snoop (.*?)$" (alias not loaded)

This one is from the aliases in the Lua_chat plugin, but none of the aliases in the world file were loaded either.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Amended: There is a block character after the 0 that did not show up when I pasted the error into the formum, not sure if that helps out or not.

Norbert

-Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot?
Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens
It's a dumb question... skip it.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Thu 19 Apr 2007 01:18 PM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 19 Apr 2007 01:19 PM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

Can you paste the alias itself (one that fails)? See:

http://mushclient.com/copying

That regexp seems to work for me, however it is possible that I overlooked enabling UTF-8 support when upgrading the PCRE engine.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Thu 19 Apr 2007 01:33 PM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 19 Apr 2007 01:39 PM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

Yes it looks like the way the PCRE people renamed configuration files and everything, that one slipped through. I will do a new version tomorrow with the UTF-8 support added back in.

It would still help if you posted an example alias that uses UTF-8, for testing purposes.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Isthiriel   (113 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Thu 19 Apr 2007 01:54 PM (UTC)
It's kind of hard since launching 4.04 ate all of my aliases and triggers. (And overwrote the worldfile so they are truly and finally gone.)

None of them used UTF-8 and the world file itself wasn't UTF-8. They were all regular expressions, one of them being an alias for ".*", i.e:
  <alias
   name="OnCommand"
   script="OnCommand"
   match="^(.*)$"
   enabled="y"
   regexp="y"
   sequence="50"
  >

[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Thu 19 Apr 2007 06:55 PM (UTC)
Dang! Good thing I didn't run into that bug... Mine is intact after running 4.04.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shaun Biggs   USA  (644 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Thu 19 Apr 2007 07:55 PM (UTC)
This is why I save my world files before upgrading. I also noticed that when I upgraded to 4.03, then downgraded to 4.01, the saved state of Onoitsu's spellup script was eaten up somewhere. I started manually adding all 40 spells before remembering that I could just copy over the saved state.

I haven't tried 4.04 yet, since I'd like to get a speedwalk script down before upgrading again.

It is much easier to fight for one's ideals than to live up to them.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Thu 19 Apr 2007 09:06 PM (UTC)

It's kind of hard since launching 4.04 ate all of my aliases and triggers. (And overwrote the worldfile so they are truly and finally gone.)

Ach! Sorry about that, that is so annoying when that happens.

I know it is a bit late, but my advice is to save your world files (and plugins) before upgrading. In fact, regular backups will also help if you accidentally delete something you want to keep.

Quote:

None of them used UTF-8 and the world file itself wasn't UTF-8.

It isn't totally clear to me why you had the problem if you are not using UTF-8 anywhere.

I had the UTF-8 option turned on in a file called "internal.h" however the newer version of PCRE switched to using "config.h", and thus the option was no longer processed. And as I don't normally use Unicode I didn't notice it.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Norbert   USA  (61 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #7 on Thu 19 Apr 2007 09:08 PM (UTC)
None of my aliases were UTF-8, I only had the UTF-8 block checked in Global preferences. And it did it to all aliases, including the ones inside plugins, but those weren't deleted. I was able to load my saved alias file for that world so I didn't lose too many, but I still get the error messages when I open the world, and I've unchecked UTF-8 in the Global preferences and saved the world file.

Norbert

-Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot?
Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens
It's a dumb question... skip it.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Thu 19 Apr 2007 09:49 PM (UTC)
Ah that explains why I didn't see the message. If you check the UTF-8 box it sets the flag when processing regular expressions (whatever they may have in them), and then the PCRE routine warned it hadn't been compiled with that support in it.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

27,950 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]