[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Plugins
. . -> [Subject]  trying to make a plugin for mushclient to pull a song from winamp

trying to make a plugin for mushclient to pull a song from winamp

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Yungen2003   USA  (34 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Fri 29 Sep 2006 09:41 PM (UTC)
ok im trying to make a plugin that pulls the name of the song and artist im listening to and only send it to 1 open world whenever the song changes trillian has a plugin that does it

i want it to send to say my world that is open named alazair this

Afk Listening to: <Artist - Song>

I belive a man should be judged by the quality of his work not the quality of his piss
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sun 01 Oct 2006 12:23 AM (UTC)
I think Shadowfyr has been working on something like that, personally I don't know how to do it.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sun 01 Oct 2006 03:18 AM (UTC)
My version used a plugin for WinAmp that it hard to find now (I am not even sure where to look). The *newer* plugin for Winamp was coded by someone using XP system calls, so won't run on older versions of Windows. Now, I had to, at the time, ask the plugin what the song name was every few seconds. Since we now have Lua, it should be possible to use the functionality of LuaCOM to make the plugin itself call your script when a song changes. However, I have yet to actually recode my own script to do this. There where issues with closing Winamp and/or Mushclient when the COM object used to do it was still active, and bigger problems, due to my not adding script for it, when doing a reload of the script while debugging, since the original copy of the COM link would remain live, but not connected to anything, while a new one was created. This would only get *worse* when using LuaCOM, since if the Winamp plugin wasn't released correctly, its attempt to call your script would crash, due to the location changing between script loads (at least assuming the object wasn't released right, which I suspect, due to the glitches I had when trying to use it). Since I haven't, after getting a new computer, even bothered to copy my music back from CDs to my new system, I haven't even tried to recode it.

Hmm. Not sure if I had the original on Magnum's site or not, but if so, then it won't matter much. Seems his sight is now redirecting to Myspace and the download page is gone. :(
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Sun 01 Oct 2006 08:36 PM (UTC)
Note. The current Wimamp plugin for such control is here:

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=143299

Its possible this one is more official and therefor will work on any system with it installed. Its also possible it will only work with more recent versions. The relevant functions and events are listed in a .chm file that comes with the Winamp plugin. Since I have a new job, I haven't spent as much time as usual fiddling with Mushclient, so someone else will have to work out how to get it to work right.
[Go to top] top

Posted by 1of10   Canada  (54 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Wed 04 Oct 2006 03:22 AM (UTC)
I wrote a PerlScript plug-in to handle this exact ability (not the COM interface), compatible with both NUTS-based talkers and, hopefully, nearly all variations of MU*'s.

Reference: http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/bbshowpost.php?bbsubject_id=4058

Some important notes, though:

• The URL shown in the thread above is out of order! E-mail me at OneOfTen@gmail.com if you want a copy of my plug-in and I'll ZIP a copy of it and the sparse documentation.
  • The plug-in was written to read and interpret the output of an old, possibly no longer available, WinAMP plug-in: doSomething. Earlier versions used an even more rare WinAMP plug-in that I cannot remember the name of ATM.
  • The WinAMP plug-in had to write the ID3 info to a text file on every track change and, as of the version I last worked with back in '04, had a couple of update bugs.
  • My MUSHclient plug-in includes code for a vast range of customization via world variables. However, not all of it worked, due to variations in the way it interpreted the ID3 tag info -- WinAMP title formatting possibilities -- and the lack of output that I would have liked to get from WinAMP -- limitations of the WinAMP plug-ins I found.

One of Ten
Secondary Adjunct of Unimatrix Z03
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

21,072 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]