[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Jscript
. . -> [Subject]  Code an Aardwolf Spellup script, please?

Code an Aardwolf Spellup script, please?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Aashaekuth   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 07 Mar 2005 12:58 PM (UTC)
Hey! could someone code an aardwolf spellup script? www.aardmud.org is the muds site, I can't get the script MUSH offers to work.. Hell, if you don't wanna code one.. tell me how to use mush's?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Mon 07 Mar 2005 03:10 PM (UTC)
What do you need to know how to do? What are you trying to do?
Exact (copy/paste) output from the mud, since specifics are better and triggers are picky.
You might also try poking around the Mushclient forums for any examples. If you're looking for something specific there's a search too.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Aashaekuth   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Wed 09 Mar 2005 02:33 AM (UTC)
I have, but I just don't know how to get it to work after I paste it into the Aliases menu. The script used on zMud would locate all learned spellups when you type lgsconfig, then you type spc to bring up a profile of spells you want to cast on yourself, and spco for the other target profile. If you want to talk to me on an instant messenger, I'm viscount_sparda on yahoo messenger..
[Go to top] top

Posted by David Haley   USA  (3,881 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Wed 09 Mar 2005 03:22 AM (UTC)

Amended on Wed 09 Mar 2005 03:24 AM (UTC) by David Haley

Not to repeat what Flannel said or anything but if you want help on these forums you'll have to be a lot more specific. Most of us probably don't know what the 'lgsconfig' or 'spc' commands do. You'll have to provide sample output, and state what precisely you want done with it.

(edit) As an afterthought, it's somewhat impolite to ask for help on a public forum and then ask to move the conversation to IM. If the answer is here, it will benefit everybody, which is sort of the point of a public forum in the first place. Not to mention that we're not around to give people one-on-one tutoring. *grin*

David Haley aka Ksilyan
Head Programmer,
Legends of the Darkstone

http://david.the-haleys.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #4 on Wed 09 Mar 2005 04:29 AM (UTC)
The first thing you should do (especially for multiple staged things like this) is sit down and isolate the important stuff. How will you get information (exact lines from the mud, and how/when you see those lines) and what you will send (either from input from the mud, or the person).
Open a text file (NOT a word document or whatever) a plain text file (not wordpad, notepad, mushclient also has a built-in editor, fixed width fonts are good, since without them multiple spaces are hard to define) and copy/paste the output, input and anything else; that text file should contain everything you need to send/receive for that entire set of actions (and no lines that don't apply).
You still need to connect all the pieces, but you've simplified it and if you can describe the relationships (When I get this line, I send this one. or When this line is here, I check this variable and if its [whatever] then I do this.) then you've done the hardest part, and the rest is just the specifics of the implementation.

Obviously, you don't (seem to be) comfortable enough with Mushclient to do all that, but you can still do the input/output thing and describe the relationships between them. Since that's what we'll need to know to help you with the scripting.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Myre   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Thu 19 May 2005 07:09 PM (UTC)
Perhaps I can be a bit more explanatory for some assistance :).

I too am looking for a script that will check a variable list of spells versus a list of spells currently affecting my character in aardmud, and then cast the spells in the variable list that are missing from the affecting me list. For example:

I have a variable list that includes the following spells:

protection evil
indestructible aura
giant strength
absorb
armor
bless

When I type saf (for short affects) I get this from the mud:

You are affected by the following:
Spell: bless for 40 hours
Spell: protection evil for 20 hours
Spell: absorb for 1 hours
Spell: armor for 9 hours
Spell: giant strength for 11 hours

You are affected by 0 skills and 5 spells.

So I would like to type saf (short affects). Have the above list come up and have it check against my variable list and then cast the spells that are missing....in this example, indestructible aura.

I am fine with populating my own variable list and the affects list is given by the mud, I just don't know how to write the script or setup the variable properly.

I have an example from Zmud, but I can't convert it cause I'm not script savy :). But it basically does the following:

1) assign a variable list
2) sets up a trigger to search for "You are affected by the following:" to populate the variable list
3) Uses a trigger to delete the spells from the variable list that are on the affected by list.
4) Uses a trigger to identify the end of the affects list, in this case "You are affected by # skills and # spells.", and then start casting all the spells that are left in the variable list.

If you could help with this, I would be VERY grateful :).
[Go to top] top

Posted by Axius   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #6 on Tue 17 Apr 2007 08:27 AM (UTC)
Hello, I am too trying to create a spellup script for aardwolf. I'm gonna try to explain exactly what i'm trying to do :)

So, i've got the following spells:

armor,bless,underwater breathing, protection evil, aid, magic, giant strenght, enlightment, sens anger, godly embrace, absorb, prayer of fortune, etc.

when i cast them i get one of two messages:

1. affirmative response that the cast whent okay (i'll provide a list for example)
2. neggative response that told me that i got unlucky and it failed (these ones are alwasy the same as a structure: You lost your concentration while trying to cast <name of spell>.)

First i wan't to input <spellup> and have the alias to cast all the spells, then i want it to check for the ones that failed and put them in a list so that if i input spellup again it will cast only those that failed.
I want to do this because there is a rule on this mud server that each action should be user activated .. so i don't want the script to do everything for me.

Now, each spell has a timer on it after witch it expires and sends a message like this:

The power of the TouchStone weakens and then fades.
You no longer move at the speed of light. (this one is for lightspeed)

So i'll want the script to check for these lines (with a trigger) and when one comes up.. to place it in the list so if i input spellup again it will cast these ones.

Basicaly i'll have a list of spells that either didn't go okay or expired.

Now that basicaly covers the self spellup script. what i'll like to do now is add another variable next to the spellup command that will represent another chars name.
when i issue the command like this, i'd like that the casting command witch is for example "c armor" to go to "c armor friend", it would also help if the script could check for the spells that failed. No reason to check for expiring spells here.

Well that about summs it up.

if there are anymore questions.. i'd love to answer them.

I've included a list of spells and their affirmative messages for examples:

c armor You cast a protective armor around yourself.
c bless You feel gills growing on your neck!
c under You feel holy and pure.
c pro TouchStone lends a hand to aid you.
c aid Your magic is blessed with the luck of TouchStone!
c magic A magical circle of protection forms around you.
c gia Your muscles surge with heightened power!
c enli You feel enlightened.
c sens You can now sense anger in your surroundings.
c godly You are embraced by the might of TouchStone.
c abso You feel a strong magical force surround your body.
c pray You are blessed with good fortune from TouchStone.
c indes A warm glowing aura forms around you.
c frenz You are filled with holy wrath!
c divine You are blessed with divine swiftness!
c true You now detect the presence of those hidden.
You now detect the presence of those invisible.
You now sense magical properties held within artifacts.
You now detect the presence of those who walk in shadow.
You now detect the presence of those who walk in the light.
c revelation You are granted the knowledge of the ages.
c rall You lost your concentration while trying to cast rally.
c line You call upon TouchStone to grant you a force field of divine protection.
c pure You lost your concentration while trying to cast pure faith.
c warm You protect yourself from cold.
c vacc You feel protected from disease.
c acid You protect yourself from acid.
c holy You protect yourself from light.
c light You feel yourself moving at the speed of light!
c grey You surround yourself with a dull grey aura.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Shaun Biggs   USA  (644 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #7 on Tue 17 Apr 2007 10:30 AM (UTC)
http://www.gammon.com.au/files/mushclient/Aardwolf/

Here are a few of Vernificius' scripts. I'm also working on getting some scripts for MUSHclient on Emerald's page, but I have no idea how long that will take. Fiendish and Huan also have spellup scripts in their web addresses.

It is much easier to fight for one's ideals than to live up to them.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #8 on Tue 17 Apr 2007 10:52 AM (UTC)

http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=6565

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Onoitsu2   USA  (248 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #9 on Tue 17 Apr 2007 12:01 PM (UTC)
www.torasin.com/~venificius/Aardwolf_MC_Plugins.exe

that the installer link for ALL my plugins, cause there have been some changes to the output of the commands for that the spellup plugin uses, and the one that Nick has is outdated somewhat...

Hope that helps some :)
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

40,983 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]