[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  Running the server
. . -> [Subject]  DANGER: Newb with questions, borked exit

DANGER: Newb with questions, borked exit

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Jeryx   (7 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 02 Oct 2004 06:08 PM (UTC)
Let me ammend that subject. I am not completely clueless, I know just enough to be dangerous. Now that ya'll have ye rhard hats on, here's the deal. Smaug 1.4a downloaded and running with no complaints. I created a new mage character, went through the academy and such, but cant seem to get into me guild hall. I'm getting the message "you may not trespass on this guild". I logged in as lordrom, who is also a mage, conveniently enough, and can skip through the door with no toubles. What I cant seem to do is figure out how to check teh stats/lock/scripting/whatever on the exits. Can someone gimme a rundown on the commands used for this, and/or point me in the right direction to fix this lock problem? I have so far changed nothing, its all stock until I learn how not to screw it up :)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Greven   Canada  (835 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sun 03 Oct 2004 06:52 PM (UTC)
If you want to see if there are any progs in either room that may be affecting it, check "rpstat". If you want to see the stats on the exit, use "redit exflags <dir>", rstat may also give you some stats. It MAY be hard coded, but unlikey. You can check this by grabing the room vnum and doing a grep for that number.

Nobody ever expects the spanish inquisition!

darkwarriors.net:4848
http://darkwarriors.net
[Go to top] top

Posted by Jeryx   (7 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 04 Oct 2004 03:04 PM (UTC)
Aye, I managed to fix it. The guild halls in Darkhaven are running progs to kick back anyone who isnt an immortal, NPC, or member of that guild. Trouble is, it checks the characters guild instead of class. I understand why it was set that way, but it makes it hard for a startup server that doesnt have players to lead guilds and invite the newbies in.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Daxergt   USA  (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Fri 14 Oct 2011 04:59 AM (UTC)
old thread, but I'm experiencing the same issue. All of the guild halls in Darkhaven are "locked" to newbies that leave the academy. It's basically impossible to practice.

What was the intention of having this setup on the default codebase and how do you suggest I resolve it for my new mud?

Thanks,
Dax
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Fri 14 Oct 2011 05:17 AM (UTC)
You can practice elsewhere than at the guilds, can't you? Otherwise I've never messed with guild code, maybe someone else has?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Fri 14 Oct 2011 05:27 AM (UTC)

Amended on Fri 14 Oct 2011 05:44 AM (UTC) by Daxergt

As far as I can tell, no you can not. The only place you can practice after level 2 is at the guild halls where the the class masters are located. There is a practice room in the academy but the master there will only train level 1 and 2 spells/abilities.

"help guild" shows me the following:

Quote:
Guilds are special organizations for each class within the realms. Belonging to a Guild has many advantages, such as gaining new knowledge of your class,making new friends in the Realms, exciting quests, the great feeling of helping other players, and many other aspects of Guild life make being in a Guild a memorable experience. Each Guild has its own separate headquarter with a healer, a practice room, a Guild store, and many other rooms that makes each Guild unique unto itself.

I'm getting around it right now by having my immort "trans" me and my admin tester into the guild hall (past the locked door), but without me being online and manually doing it the other 3-4 player testers I have lined up will never be able to train a skill past lvl 2.

Thoughts?

Dax
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Fri 14 Oct 2011 05:51 AM (UTC)

Aye, I managed to fix it. The guild halls in Darkhaven are running progs to kick back anyone who isnt an immortal, NPC, or member of that guild. Trouble is, it checks the characters guild instead of class. I understand why it was set that way, but it makes it hard for a startup server that doesnt have players to lead guilds and invite the newbies in.

I don't see a prog running on the room usinc rstat. Where would I find that?

Quote:
<#21126> rstat 21126
Name: Outside the Tower of Sorcery
Area: New Darkhaven Filename: newdark.are
Vnum: 21126 Sector: 1 (City) Light: 0
Room flags: nomob nosummon noastral
Description:
Green foliage borders a cobblestone path which leads up a flight of stairs into Darkhaven's Tower of Sorcery. The tall monument to magic looms ominously over you. Rumor has it that only members of the Guild of Mages may enter the tower, all others being forced back northward.
Permanent affects: None
Characters: Dax
Objects:
------------------- EXITS -------------------
1) n to 21037. Key: -1 Flags: 0 Keywords: (none).
2) s to 21127. Key: -1 Flags: 0 Keywords: (none).
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Fri 14 Oct 2011 07:56 AM (UTC)
Ok I figured it out. Let me know if you think I may have caused issues with this fix.

This was the original room rpstat
Quote:
rpstat 21126
Name: Outside the Tower of Sorcery. Vnum: 21126.
>entry_prog 100
if isimmort($n)
or isnpc($n)
or guild($n) == Guild of Mages
else
mpechoat $n You may not trespass on this guild.
mptransfer $n 21037
endif

So then I did the following:
Quote:
---------------
rpedit edit 1

1>entry_prog 100
if isimmort($n)
or isnpc($n)
or class($n) == Mage
else
mpechoat $n You may not trespass on this guild.
mptransfer $n 21037
endif

This will check class rather than guild membership. So by default all level 1's of a given class will be allowed access to the class training facilities.

SO much confusion over clan vs guild vs class.

Dax
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #8 on Fri 14 Oct 2011 10:50 AM (UTC)
I will freely admit I am not familiar with that part of the code, but I would have thought that a mage is not necessarily a member of the mage guild.

And when I last tried making a character I pushed up to level 10 or so just training at the trainer, not the guild.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Fri 14 Oct 2011 10:51 AM (UTC)

old thread, but I'm experiencing the same issue.

Exactly which code base are you using? SmaugFUSS is currently maintained, the older ones may have bugs.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Fri 14 Oct 2011 05:02 PM (UTC)
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #11 on Fri 14 Oct 2011 10:00 PM (UTC)
Try asking on the SmaugFUSS web site. They probably know more about the fine details than I do.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

26,633 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]