[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  MXP and Pueblo
. . -> [Subject]  How to add MXP to your server

How to add MXP to your server

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Thu 05 Jul 2001 12:26 AM (UTC)
I have written a lengthy web page that describes the techniques for adding MXP support to your MUD server.

This page has:

• Example of how MXP looks (screen dump)
  • Extensive code snippets
  • Description of how they work
  • Patches for SMAUG 1.4a
  • Link for SMAUG 1.4a distribution with MXP added
  • Patches for ROM 2.4b6
  • Link for ROM 2.4b6 distribution with MXP added

All this is at the web page How to add MXP support to your MUD server

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Uru   Canada  (67 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 11 Mar 2004 07:43 PM (UTC)
Argh, until I looked at your page "adding MXP, etc.", I was thinking of doing just that. I see it involves A LOT of changes.

Maybe some day...

"What does not kill us makes us stronger."
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Thu 11 Mar 2004 08:28 PM (UTC)
A lot of changes but a whole lot more possible rewards. There are also more than a few codebases with MXP support already in place - Dawn of Time in particular makes very heavy use of it in almost every aspect of the game.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by Poromenos   Greece  (1,037 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Fri 12 Mar 2004 02:25 AM (UTC)
Mudding with the mouse! What will they think of next?

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
http://porocrom.poromenos.org/ Read it!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Fri 12 Mar 2004 07:13 AM (UTC)
It's not that many changes, just a few batches, and they are all supplied as patches. I think I took SMAUG FUSS and just patched them in with practically no problems. I think there was one, where a routine had moved from one file to another, but no big deal.

Plus, the way it is written you don't have to do anything else. You can leave it how it is, or gradually extend it if you want to.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Uru   Canada  (67 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Fri 12 Mar 2004 03:43 PM (UTC)
I'll have to read up on that Fuss thing. It might be interesting.

That reminds me of a client I tried a long time ago. It also supported HTML tags and links. You could add graphics to your game as well. I don't recall it being internet capable though. I think you just wrote games for playing on a single computer.

Not sure, it was a long time ago.

"What does not kill us makes us stronger."
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

19,264 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]