[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Pueblo problems.
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

Pueblo problems.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Neva   USA  (117 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 24 Jun 2001 04:02 PM (UTC)
Okay, so I'm running into some Pueblo issues.

Okay, so I turn on Pueblo support and logon to a game... TM3, to be exact, since I don't play on any MUSHes that aren't, at the moment.

First issue I see is that there are no line breaks. Everything just muddles up together. The only thing that seems to be immune to this is the WHO listing.

Second, the exits don't show up as commands, although objects in the room do.

Third, and perhaps largest... I have a room. The @htdesc is just set, at the moment, to 'Test<br>Test.' When I login with Pueblo support, it shows up when I login, although the line break isn't there... and if I type 'l' again, MUSHclient crashes. Removing the @htdesc fixes this, it seems.

Anyway, will report back if I see any other problems...

--Neva
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,677 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sun 24 Jun 2001 08:29 PM (UTC)

First issue I see is that there are no line breaks. Everything just muddles up together. The only thing that seems to be immune to this is the WHO listing.

I have tested Pueblo on M*U*S*H - the originating site for PennMUSH code. What I noticed there is that they use <BR> whenever they want a line break, so I assumed that Pueblo was like HTML, and you need to specify line breaks. Things like a WHO listing are surrounded by <PRE> (preformatted) so they come out "as is".

Clearly not every site implements their code the same way.

Quote:

Second, the exits don't show up as commands, although objects in the room do.

That is a decision of the MUSH implementors. They don't necessarily turn everything into a hyperlink. The same thing happens on M*U*S*H.

Quote:

Third, and perhaps largest... I have a room. The @htdesc is just set, at the moment, to 'Test<br>Test.' When I login with Pueblo support, it shows up when I login, although the line break isn't there... and if I type 'l' again, MUSHclient crashes. Removing the @htdesc fixes this, it seems.

Sounds like a bug. I'll try to reproduce it and fix it.

Can you tell me the address of TM3 so I can try for myself and see these things? Thanks.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Neva   USA  (117 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sun 24 Jun 2001 09:02 PM (UTC)
Well, I was assuming that if there wasn't an htdesc set, it'd automatically use it as preformatted or something... and this includes stuff like the different lines of an 'examine' and so on.

The exits do show up the same way objects do when I don't login with pueblo support and just @set myself HTML.

TinyMUSH 3.0 is available at www.godlike.com/3.0, I believe.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Linda   Sweden  (164 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Mon 25 Jun 2001 04:22 PM (UTC)
I experienced similar (or the same) problems on another TM
3.0 MUSH (Cuendillar, at cuendillar.org: 7200, which
actually is a MUSH despite still using MUX in its titel;
they just never changed after upgrading) and I thought it
had something to do with poor Pueblo usage on their part
rather than a bug in MUSHclient.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,677 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Tue 26 Jun 2001 05:13 AM (UTC)

Amended on Tue 26 Jun 2001 05:15 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

Right, I've made a couple of changes to MUSHclient, and tested them on cuendillar.org: 7200.

Line breaks

First, the linebreak issue. It seems to me that different MUSHes implement this differently, for some reason. I have added an option to MUSHclient (3.13) that you can set to have newlines actually start a new line in Pueblo mode.

It might seem that you always want this, but in fact if you set it on M*U*S*H you get double line spacing, so apparently not.

Thus you would want to set it by trial and error, unless I am missing something here.

Exits

Exits show up properly on this MUSH, so it must be an implementation issue on the MUSH you were using it on.

Crash on @htdesc

I cannot reproduce this either in 3.13 or 3.12. There is a known bug in 3.10 which would cause a crash. I suggest you try again in 3.12.

In fact, the crash in 3.10 relates to getting a space on a long line, which would be quite likely if it wasn't wrapping the lines properly.

I typed this:

@htdesc me = test<br>test
@set me/htdesc = html

When I type "look me" I just see:

test
test

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

6,714 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]