[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Bug reports
. . -> [Subject]  Long chat messages losing color

Long chat messages losing color

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Flannel   USA  (1,230 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Tue 29 Apr 2003 08:02 PM (UTC)
When doing a chat message of more than one line, sometimes the second line will switch to the default note color.

Seems to happen different on different clients (sending/recieving), and also whether or not the line has spaces in it (so you start the message on the next line down after XXX chats:)

I cant seem to figure out the exact behavior though, its erratic, at best.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 30 Apr 2003 12:07 AM (UTC)

Can you try just MUSHclient to MUSHclient? At least then if it works that tends to rule this client out.

It wouldn't totally surprise me if the other client's behaviour was responsible, however I won't claim that until it can be reproduced one way or another.

Can you also say if the problem is:

* MUSHclient *to* another client
* MUSHclient *from* another client
* MUSHclient to/from itself

If another client seems to be responsible, which one?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Wed 30 Apr 2003 12:31 AM (UTC)

Amended on Wed 30 Apr 2003 12:37 AM (UTC) by Flannel

It would happen, on all three ends (we had two mushclients, connected to a third mushclient). But, not all of them would do it on the same messages, (at least my two ends didnt) always at the same time.

World1 for me cnnected to someone elses Mushclient (world3), And then world2 for me, also connected to that person (world3).

The First time I saw it, was world1 sending, and world 2 got the cut off. Then it happened on all three worlds, we were tried to figure it out if it was just when a word was really long, but it happened with normal words too (with spaces).

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Wed 30 Apr 2003 12:44 AM (UTC)
You chat to everybody, 'the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps
over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the
lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick
brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox
jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog'

Last two lines of that were default note color (for sender)

On the recieving end:

FlanChatBot chats to everybody, 'the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox
jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps
over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the
lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick
brown fox jumps over the lazy dog the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog'

Just the last line lost its color.

Earlier, it was on much shorter messages.

That is one world, sent to another world, in the same Mushclient session.

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Wed 30 Apr 2003 12:47 AM (UTC)
You chat to everybody, 'the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dogthe quick brown fox jumps over
the lazy dogthe quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog'

the second line loses its color

Recieving:
FlanChatBot chats to everybody, 'the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dogthe quick brown fox
jumps over the lazy dogthe quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog'

no lines lose color

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #5 on Wed 30 Apr 2003 12:50 AM (UTC)

Amended on Wed 30 Apr 2003 12:51 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

Have you got note colour to "default" or some other colour?

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Wed 30 Apr 2003 01:04 AM (UTC)
A fairly vigorous test of your longer message hasn't resulted in any colour loss here.

I also used the #paste function to paste a 2000 line piece of source code which went through without change. This was, however, chatting from one window of MUSHclient to another window of the same executable.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Wed 30 Apr 2003 01:06 AM (UTC)
My note color is set to custom 5, sorta a light blue/dark cyan.

The chat is red (you chat: ') and then the text is cyan, and then the end quote is red again (even if the chat turns to my note color).

Yes, this is 3.41.

#FF0000 <-- Red
#00FFFF <-- normal chat color
#0080FF <-- My Note color
#FF0000 <-- Red again (for the last quote)

~Flannel

Messiah of Rose
Eternity's Trials.

Clones are people two.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Wed 30 Apr 2003 01:22 AM (UTC)
Hmm - now I can reproduce it. I turned "indent paragraphs" off and it does it every time on line 3. :)

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Wed 30 Apr 2003 02:09 AM (UTC)
OK, fixed that. It was because indents were off, and a word happened to wrap at the exact end of the line (ie. at the line width, the character was a space).

As a workaround, turn indenting on.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

14,361 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]