[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Just upgraded, can't connect to MUSHes

Just upgraded, can't connect to MUSHes

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Panthrax   USA  (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 21 Sep 2002 04:10 PM (UTC)
Hey, guys. I had been using 3.17, and finally got tired of the blinking task bar icon, so I downloaded and installed 3.26. I have since been unable to connect to any worlds.

When both opening a saved world and creating a new one, it will give me HO [connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, port xxxx] and just sit there, never connecting or giving an error. I've let it sit there about 5 minutes, and it doesn't do anything.

At the time I had installed over the previous version, but I have since uninstalled and reinstalled this version as well as a few other older ones. OS is WinXP.

Any ideas for what I can do? Thanks.

Panthrax
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 21 Sep 2002 11:38 PM (UTC)

Try using telnet to connect, to narrow down if it is MUSHclient or a Windows problem.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Panthrax   USA  (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Sun 22 Sep 2002 01:38 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sun 22 Sep 2002 03:54 AM (UTC) by Panthrax

Edit:

Fixed it. Since both clients weren't working, I tried pinging. Pings weren't getting through, but terminating with an error 65. microsoft.com says it's a conflict between Internet Connection Sharing (never installed) and ZoneAlarm (disabled). So, apparently something got fucked in there. Uninstalled ZA, and everything is working just great. So. Stay away from ZA.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

8,539 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]