[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Gagging sent commands

Gagging sent commands

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Areadien   USA  (47 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 16 Nov 2017 12:04 PM (UTC)

I was wondering if there's any way to gag a command I send. So, if I want to type, "look" but not see the command being sent to the MUD, can I do that? I know I can gag what the MUD sends to me, but what about what I send to the MUD? Thanks.

--Areadien--
[Go to top] top

Posted by Marco   (36 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 16 Nov 2017 02:30 PM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 16 Nov 2017 02:33 PM (UTC) by Marco

Hi,

I was wondering if there's any way to gag a command I send. So, if I want to type, "look" but not see the command being sent to the MUD, can I do that? I know I can gag what the MUD sends to me, but what about what I send to the MUD? Thanks.

--Areadien--

Even though is only a trick, it does the job

Go in Game --> Configure Commands (Alt+0)

Then in Echo My Input select the same colour for background and character.

This won't avoid the line to be put on the screen; so you sould see a new completelty black line.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Thu 16 Nov 2017 02:36 PM (UTC)

Hi,

I was wondering if there's any way to gag a command

Re - thinking of that i would try also to
Unckeck Echo My Input in .....

Most probably it will remove your input without creating a new line
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Thu 16 Nov 2017 05:44 PM (UTC)
Hmm, that’s worth investigating, but my hypothesis is that I don’t think that would work because I want to gag only certain ones that are spammy parts of certain aliases. I also would not want a blank black line either. Any ideas?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Thu 16 Nov 2017 07:33 PM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 16 Nov 2017 07:36 PM (UTC) by Marco

Hmm, that’s worth investigating, but my hypothesis is that I don’t think that would work because I want to gag only certain ones that are spammy parts of certain aliases. I also would not want a blank black line either. Any ideas?

I verified: it works.
Simply uncheck Echo My Input ...
but if you speak about SOME Alias you really simply need (in the Edit Alias windows - Ctrl+Shift+9 - ) to check Omit from Output and the string triggering the Alias will be omitted.

Finally, if you use script, don't forget using SendNoEcho ("commands to be sent here") to avoid see the command sent displayed on screen.

P.S. sorry Nick i don't understand how i spam so many messages instead of one! :(
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Fri 17 Nov 2017 04:49 AM (UTC)
Yes! The omit_from_output was EXACTLY what I wanted. Thank you.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

12,884 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]