[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Omit from output? Does it return a blank line?

Omit from output? Does it return a blank line?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Tesagk   (52 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 28 Sep 2016 01:25 PM (UTC)
I'm trying to utilize the feature to cut down on some crafting spam, but now I have a bunch of blank lines filling up my feed. Does omit from output return a blank line?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 28 Sep 2016 07:49 PM (UTC)
Is your server sending blank lines in between lines?

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Wed 28 Sep 2016 08:51 PM (UTC)
There is a configuration option to test whether or not triggers match blank lines. Global Preferences -> General -> Regular expressions can match on an empty string.

However to answer your question, no, omit from output does not replace the line with a blank line.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Wed 28 Sep 2016 10:53 PM (UTC)

Is your server sending blank lines in between lines?

Oh, dang. That's probably it.

Is it possible to omit two lines? I don't really want to omit all blank lines. And trying to predict blank lines after an omit sounds like it would be frustrating.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Thu 29 Sep 2016 04:03 AM (UTC)
Once you have a multi-line trigger you can't set it to omit from output. All I can suggest is a smart "blank line" trigger that sometimes omits itself.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Fri 30 Sep 2016 02:24 PM (UTC)

DeleteLines(1)

In with the script do the trick? Or would that unintentionally target other lines?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Fri 30 Sep 2016 09:02 PM (UTC)
I think I've had problems with that in the past. What I would do is, if you have a blank line after the crafting spam, is have the crafting trigger turn on a trigger that omits a blank line. When that trigger fires it turns itself off (disables itself).

If the blank line comes before the crafting spam you might have to get more creative, but it could be done.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Fri 30 Sep 2016 11:43 PM (UTC)

I think I've had problems with that in the past. What I would do is, if you have a blank line after the crafting spam, is have the crafting trigger turn on a trigger that omits a blank line. When that trigger fires it turns itself off (disables itself).

If the blank line comes before the crafting spam you might have to get more creative, but it could be done.

There may be 1 before and 1 after. I'll try the method you mentioned first, since it's the easiest way to find out.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

17,560 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]