[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  SMAUG
. -> [Folder]  SMAUG coding
. . -> [Subject]  my additions so far plus what I am thinking about doing

my additions so far plus what I am thinking about doing

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Alyce   (43 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 04 Sep 2016 12:18 AM (UTC)
OK.. I removed leveling... (basically they just start at level 50, though there is no level reference for the players to see)

All base stats start at 5 - you can train stats by spending AP. AP is earned from defeating enemies (based on ENEMY level). You cannot train while in combat.

PKing awards you 50 AP per pk.

Removed the damcap
Possibility of a Million Hps, but i stopped the training at 100k.. though the mobs could use a million Hps (think weapon in FF7)

When you train your base stats, you gain 5 on your ranking. training HP or mana raises you by 1 on your ranking.

To PK you must be within 10 of your victims rank.

No classes - Instead your EQ awards your spells. You quest to obtain your skills. (kind of like finding a teacher out in the world). So, if you want to play a 'mage' then you dress the part to have the mage spells, dress as a priest to get the cleric spells and so forth... or mix and match, the possibilities are endless..

With you guys helping me, the slist now only shows what they have learned (via mob quested skills or EQ given spells), and no more blank spaces :) it's all tidy and neat (THANKS!)

I removed hunger and thirst and movement loss from my code as it really serves no purpose for my vision. Mentalstate is still there for poison effects and spells.

-------------------------------------------

What I was thinking of doing is adding "souls" or "soul gems" to the game as well for you to 'level' your weapons.. as V4 and V5 in weapons aren't used, i figured i could use them... basically like if your weapon is level 1, you do 1.5x damage, level 2 does 2x, level 3 2.5, and level 4 does 3x (no more than level 4 on a weapon because you can still lose it, it break, get looted, or you find a better base weapon)

- what do you think of this idea? I won't really need help with this one, I already have a plan on how to do it.. I just don't want to do TOO MUCH, but I do want a variety to offer and a way to promote questing.

any feedback would be appreciated :) Basically I want this to be chalk full of REASONS to quest, and to not have a character MAX themselves out so quickly... to always give them something more to strive for.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #1 on Sun 04 Sep 2016 12:23 AM (UTC)
i've also made it so STR has more of a direct effect on damroll and dex on hitroll, and con on Armor.

And little tidbits, like no-more link-dead players... game forces them to save+quit upon going link dead.

and various other nick-knacks
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Sun 04 Sep 2016 01:55 AM (UTC)
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14225598_10101417683443361_1620796651557228600_n.jpg?oh=5f1e6ddda8374d7e11d009db9a3d7049&oe=584841FC
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #3 on Sun 04 Sep 2016 10:23 AM (UTC)

Quote:
When you train your base stats, you gain 5 on your ranking. training HP or mana raises you by 1 on your ranking.

To PK you must be within 10 of your victims rank.

I'm not familiar at all with SMAUG stat ranges, but +/- 10 rank (+/- 2 stats) seems very narrow?

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Sun 04 Sep 2016 10:32 AM (UTC)
That is why I wanted opinions. Maybe +- 30?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Sun 04 Sep 2016 10:36 AM (UTC)
Keep in mind that dex gets added to hitroll and str to damroll and con to AC. Int and wis will add to spell damage and success and luck to second chances on misses. So it steps outside just a d20 system... Not sure how I'm going to use cha
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #6 on Sun 04 Sep 2016 12:19 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sun 04 Sep 2016 12:23 PM (UTC) by Fiendish

That is why I wanted opinions. Maybe +- 30?

Remember I know nothing about SMAUG. Realistically, the only codebase I know anything about is Aardwolf's and I've never even seen the code for it.

I suppose my primary question would be how much does a single stat point (or 6 stat points in this case) affect the strength of your character? Does the answer to that question change if you think about a player with minimum or maximum stats? Does a person going from rank 1 to rank 2 double in strength? What about a person going from rank 999 to 1000? (Can you even get enough stats for that in your system? What are the max stats?)

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Sun 04 Sep 2016 12:30 PM (UTC)
Max standard stats is 20. Max HP 100K as well as mana . Str gets added to damroll directly. Dex to hitroll directly.

I'm still playing around with the formulas... But I wanted them to do more directly for the character.

Also was thinking of adding weapon levels... Where you can feed it souls...aka god of war
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

16,988 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]