[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Gammon Forum

See www.mushclient.com/spam for dealing with forum spam. Please read the MUSHclient FAQ!

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Lua
. . -> [Subject]  Thermoelectric Cooler
Home  |  Users  |  Search  |  FAQ
Username:
Register forum user name
Password:
Forgotten password?

Thermoelectric Cooler

This subject is now closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Chryston Browne   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 31 Mar 2016 03:56 AM (UTC)
I posted in another forum about the need to vary voltage with time using an arduno for the purpose of cooling using a thermoelectric cooler. I saw your response but I was unable to reply because the post was deleted. Due to my urgent need for assistance I came directly to your forum in hope that you can aid me with this. It is very critical for me to gain some sound advice and guidance as it is a project I'm doing that is due at the end of this week and I need to complete my program and circuit to actually test.
Instead of varying the voltage with time (as the thermoelectric cooler is a current-driven) you said I can power the cooler off and on for say 5 minutes. I fully agree to this after I did some research myself. I actually have in mind how long I'll need it to be powered off and on for but I do not know where to go from here. Please help, it is urgent to me. If it isn't too much, you can email me at chryston.browne@hotmail.com as I will receive this quicker and would be able to reply immediately. Thank you for your kind assistance in advance, I truly appreciate it.

Most Respectfully,
Chryston Browne
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,322 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Thu 31 Mar 2016 04:47 AM (UTC)
Template:Arduino Please post Arduino-related questions to the Arduino Forum or to StackExchange: Arduino. This saves splitting questions and answers between this forum and the Arduino ones.

Whichever other forum you are referring to (Arduino Forum?) you can send me a PM there to request that I take another look at your thread.

I'm sorry, but I'm not getting into doing technical support by emails.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Chryston Browne   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Thu 31 Mar 2016 07:49 AM (UTC)
Mr. Gammon, it was in the stack exchange arduno forum I believe. I searched for the option of sending you a PM but my attempts were to no avail, for this reason I searched and found you through this forum. Your response to the issue at hand was pertinent as it was similar to what I gathered after doing more research. Does this forum has an option where I can PM you ? Or is there any other means in which I can. I do respect your privacy. Thank you for your assistance once more, expecting to hear from you soon.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (21,322 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Thu 31 Mar 2016 08:23 AM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 31 Mar 2016 08:39 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

It's incredibly frustrating when people send me messages about "their problem" in "a thread" without including the URL of the thread.

We could have saved a lot of time if you had done that.

Quote:

I was unable to reply because the post was deleted ...

Usually posts are deleted for a reason, and I am starting to suspect why. Lack of details is one reason.

I suggest you edit your post and remove the email address. Otherwise you are likely to get spam for the next 100 years. Not from me, but from people who keep an eye on the forum to harvest email addresses.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Thu 31 Mar 2016 08:48 AM (UTC)

Quote:

I'm trying to use an arduino uno to vary the output voltage of a device with time. I don't know much or anything about programming. Anyone willing to shed light on this issue that I'm faced with ?

Your question is so vague as to be impossible to answer. Neither the Arduino Forum, nor Arduino Stack Exchange, is a code-writing service.

I suggest you post a new question on Stack Exchange with more details. If you persist in posting here your account will be closed and your IP address blocked.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

2,093 views.

This subject is now closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at FutureQuest]