[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Suggestions
. . -> [Subject]  pop up windows

pop up windows

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Donecce   (16 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 31 Jan 2015 06:13 AM (UTC)
Small thing. Wondering if a yes-no popup could be made to include 'cancel' so I could also close it with the Esc key. I frequently trigger the attempt to reconnect window by accident.

Another window that stops me frequently is the Windows Explorer that pops up when my script fails to load after a second try.

I looked for configuration settings that would preempt those results when I make those kinds of mistakes, but not seeing it if it's there.

Also. Is there a way to keep Help bookmarks after a version update? like a file I could copy first? And is there a setting to disable command line tab completion feature?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 31 Jan 2015 06:31 AM (UTC)
See: http://www.gammon.com.au/scripts/doc.php?lua=utils.msgbox

You have an option to include "cancel".

Quote:

Another window that stops me frequently is the Windows Explorer that pops up when my script fails to load after a second try.

I'm not sure what you are referring to there. Can you take a screenshot?

Quote:

Is there a way to keep Help bookmarks after a version update? like a file I could copy first?

I don't know, as this is a Windows program, not one of mine.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Sat 31 Jan 2015 01:13 PM (UTC)
Re: Explorer. I don't think a screenshot will be necessary. Seems it's a result of the scripting preference to use the built-in Notepad being unchecked. I guess it opens Explorer as a default? Is there a way to ask it to do nothing?

Re: yes-no-cancel. I meant specifically the window, that I believe Mushclient generates, occurring when I send a command but am not connected to the mud. I do this a lot when I typo a plugin alias while working offline. Thanks again.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Sat 31 Jan 2015 08:48 PM (UTC)

Small thing. Wondering if a yes-no popup could be made to include 'cancel' so I could also close it with the Esc key. I frequently trigger the attempt to reconnect window by accident.

That window can be annoying, however a "cancel" option doesn't make much sense. You either want to connect or you don't.

You can always hit N and dismiss the dialog without reaching for the mouse.

Quote:

Can you describe the steps? What second try? There shouldn't be an Explorer window at all.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Sun 01 Feb 2015 01:14 AM (UTC)

Can you describe the steps? What second try? There shouldn't be an Explorer window at all.

When I attempt to install or re-install a plugin and the plugin is found to have errors...

1. I get the trace in the output window, because I have checked 'Note errors' in script preferences.

2. I get a popup, "There was a problem loading the plugin C:\yada\yada\foo.xml. See the output window for more details."

3. I close the popup. Nothing happens, perfectly.

4. If the plugin was already installed, it gets removed due to the error.

5. I try to install it again. It fails again. I get the same popup from 'step 2'.

6. This time, when I close the popup, Explorer is opened with my root Mushclient folder as the current location. If I have checked the option to use built-in Notepad to edit scripts, then Mush Notepad will open instead of Explorer.

7. If there are any fails after that, while loading any plugins, it repeats 'step 6'.

Thank you.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Sun 01 Feb 2015 01:46 AM (UTC)
I did more digging. It seems this is the result when one has -no- editor chosen in the scripting preferences.

The Auto-Open-Editor thing, regardless of the editor, would be great except that when a file is already opened, it still opens a new copy of it. Drives me nuts.

Anyway. that's the deal. Not having an editor chosen forces Explorer to search for something I guess?

My Fix:
When Mush is unable to locate the chosen editor, I just get a popup telling me the file cannot be edited. So as a hack.. I'm making it look for what does not exist. Ha!
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Sun 01 Feb 2015 02:01 AM (UTC)
Hmm, with Crimson Editor, which I use, it actually never opens the same file twice. But that has a quirk that it doesn't get brought to the front if you open a new file from MUSHclient.

There is a configuration option (see Config_Option_Changer plugin) which is "Name of external editor". If set, it tries to bring that window to the front.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

17,712 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]