[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  The mush window is too big than the windows 8.1 screen, can't click more buttons

The mush window is too big than the windows 8.1 screen, can't click more buttons

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Killunix   (12 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 27 Nov 2014 02:35 PM (UTC)
The mush properties window is too big than the windows 8.1 screen, can't click more buttons, any one know how to resolve this issue? thanks
[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 27 Nov 2014 03:16 PM (UTC)
What resolution are you working at? The default sizes for MC windows should be fine on anything bigger than 800x600.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Thu 27 Nov 2014 08:02 PM (UTC)
In the "locale" sub-directory under the MUSHclient install directory is a file called "en_small.dll". With MUSHclient closed, rename "en.dll" to something else (eg. "en.dll.original"). Then rename "en_small.dll" to "en.dll".

Then restart the program and you should see a somewhat more compact user interface.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Fri 28 Nov 2014 02:49 AM (UTC)

In the "locale" sub-directory under the MUSHclient install directory is a file called "en_small.dll". With MUSHclient closed, rename "en.dll" to something else (eg. "en.dll.original"). Then rename "en_small.dll" to "en.dll".

Then restart the program and you should see a somewhat more compact user interface.

I followed what you say. Now it looks good, can view every button. The properties window is a square now, may I suggest you change the windows to rectangle? I think many of us use the wide screen。 thanks!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Fri 28 Nov 2014 03:04 AM (UTC)
Can you take a screen shot of the original problem? I don't know why it doesn't fit if you have a wide screen.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Fri 28 Nov 2014 06:20 AM (UTC)

Can you take a screen shot of the original problem? I don't know why it doesn't fit if you have a wide screen.

I don't know how paste pic at here, use two links:
1. this is the original en.dll, you can see that the properties windows is big than the screen,so that the buttons at the bottom can't be click, If you want to click the buttons, must drug the status bar to the side.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A78B78BCDDA4F7E!838&authkey=!AApiHmDC8m_l5qo&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

2.this is the small en.dll, you can see that the all the button can be click, but the content just display a litter,must scroll the bar to the right can view more content.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A78B78BCDDA4F7E!837&authkey=!AJzK7tHhlCrQQrA&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

thank you.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Fri 28 Nov 2014 07:08 AM (UTC)
I see from that, that you have a really wide, but not particularly deep screen.

This program was written, like, 20 years ago. It didn't have resizable dialog boxes in those days.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Meerclar   USA  (733 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #7 on Fri 28 Nov 2014 07:28 AM (UTC)
That's odd, MC has been running for years on *x768 resolutions without anyone reporting that problem. I ran a 1024x768 max res monitor for quite a few years and never had that problem, though I was running 98SE and XP at the time.

Meerclar - Lord of Cats
Coder, Builder, and Tormenter of Mortals
Stormbringer: Rebirth
storm-bringer.org:4500
www.storm-bringer.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Fri 28 Nov 2014 08:35 AM (UTC)

I see from that, that you have a really wide, but not particularly deep screen.

This program was written, like, 20 years ago. It didn't have resizable dialog boxes in those days.

My screen resolution is just 1366X768, I think plenty of laptop has this resolution.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

20,766 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]