[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  About fonts

About fonts

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by AE_Fenriz   (5 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Thu 21 Jun 2012 12:50 PM (UTC)
Hi again, i was wondering if it's possible in mushclient to use new sets of fonts without the need of installing them in Windows\Fonts folder before.

And another thing: is it possibile to use different fonts in the same window?
Or at least a font in the main window and a different one in a miniwindow?

[Go to top] top

Posted by Worstje   Netherlands  (899 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Thu 21 Jun 2012 01:03 PM (UTC)
Not in the same window. The miniwindows are nigh limitless in comparison, and you can have hundreds of fonts in one if you wanted.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Thu 21 Jun 2012 01:26 PM (UTC)
So i could use a single font in the main output window and many other fonts in the miniwindows (even more than one in the same miniwindow?), right?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #3 on Thu 21 Jun 2012 01:34 PM (UTC)
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Thu 21 Jun 2012 01:43 PM (UTC)

One last question, then i'll stop to annoying you :D

Is it possible in mushclient to use new sets of fonts without the need of installing them in Windows\Fonts folder before?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #5 on Thu 21 Jun 2012 09:32 PM (UTC)
There is AddFont(), but that only makes it possible for a single font; I think this function predates miniwindows. You can try asking Nick if he'll make it possible for any amount of fonts to be loaded.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #6 on Fri 22 Jun 2012 08:33 AM (UTC)
As far as I know you can use AddFont to add as many fonts as you want. However only one at a time can be used in the output window.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Fri 22 Jun 2012 07:56 PM (UTC)
This adds a font (specified by pathname) into the MUSHclient application space. It can then be used by world windows for output or command window fonts.

Only one font can be added per world, adding a new one replaces the old one. The intention here is for specialized fonts (like mapping fonts) to be made available without having to add extra font files to the Windows directory.

If that is so, then the documentation is incorrect. :)
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #8 on Fri 22 Jun 2012 10:07 PM (UTC)
Hmm. Looks like I was wrong. You can add one extra font.

Certainly you have have many different fonts in miniwindows, and they don't have to be the same as the font in the main window.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #9 on Sun 24 Jun 2012 01:05 PM (UTC)
But I think the question is: can you ship an arbitrary amount of font files besides your plugin and use them all inside MUSHclient miniwindows at the same time without installing them in Windows?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #10 on Mon 25 Jun 2012 06:49 AM (UTC)

You could ship the fonts as well, and suggest they install them.

Or you could pre-render them, particularly if you only want them for limited things like headings. So instead of drawing "Inventory" as text you could have it as a bitmap.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #11 on Wed 28 May 2014 10:45 PM (UTC)
This restriction is removed in version 4.93.

Example of two fonts in a miniwindow:

Now you can load any number of external fonts.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

25,852 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]