[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Tips and tricks
. . -> [Subject]  Headers for aliases / triggers - can such be made?

Headers for aliases / triggers - can such be made?

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Eloge   (20 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sat 14 May 2011 04:12 PM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 14 May 2011 04:13 PM (UTC) by Eloge

Thanks for the advice given earlier!

Now, I hae dozens of triggers that are grouped together (under the group "combat". I would need to further group them (to keep them in some order) at least by some kind of name (like "skills"). Yes, I'm obviosly looking for a way to create "subfolders", a folder "combat" with a subfolder "skills". I could of course use another name but then I'd have so many groups that I lose even the little control I have (I think that you can control a group with only something like max 7 members).

Are labels perhaps a way? The help (on alias) says only ... "Labels (so aliases have names)"...

Thanks!

++ Eloge

[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Sat 14 May 2011 11:47 PM (UTC)
What do you mean by "control a group"? See them on the screen together?

At present all I can really suggest is making a few plugins and putting groups of related things into them. Unfortunately you lose the GUI interface, but inside a plugin (just a straight text file) you could then batch them together in an orderly way with comments and so on.

The labels have to be unique, so I don't know if that will help. It might, a bit.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

8,715 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]