[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  PennMUSH
. -> [Folder]  Compiling the server
. . -> [Subject]  Compiling Hspace 4.4.1p1 with Pennmush-1.8.3p7

Compiling Hspace 4.4.1p1 with Pennmush-1.8.3p7

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Shunsicker1   USA  (4 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Wed 16 Jun 2010 04:50 AM (UTC)
I've been trying for the last couple of days, between my home computer, with Windows 7, and my remote server to get Hspace4.4.1p1 to compile with Pennmush-1.8.3p7. I have read a post on the community website for Pennmush.org, that someone was able to get those two things to compile with each other it went smoothly.

Now as far as the errors, I have not been able to copy any of it from the bash screen in front of me. The errors originate with HSVariant.h file, and it's an error about strlen and memcpy not declared or something. There's a string of other errors, but those are the first two that show up.

If anyone can tell me how to copy lines from *Unix, I will be glad to copy and paste here. I can't even get the cygwin screen to copy for me so i could paste the errors.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #1 on Wed 16 Jun 2010 05:00 AM (UTC)

Amended on Wed 16 Jun 2010 06:24 AM (UTC) by Nick Gammon

You should be able to click on the top-left menu (right in the corner), select Mark, then drag the mouse over your message (it will become highlighted). Then hit Enter and the text is copied to the clipboard. You can then just paste that into a message.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #2 on Wed 16 Jun 2010 10:59 PM (UTC)
Ok, I didn't know that i could do that...Someone learns something new everyday. :D OK here's the copied error messages from my remote server.

[spaceadmin@boralis hspace]$ make
(cd hsnetwork;make)
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/spaceadmin/pennmush-1.8.3p7/src/hspace/hsnetw
ork'
gcc -I.. -I. -g -Wall -c HSNetwork.cpp -o obj/HSNetwork.o
In file included from HSPackets.h:14,
from HSNetwork.cpp:14:
../HSVariant.h: In member function `void CHSVariant::operator=(const char*)':
../HSVariant.h:69: error: `strlen' was not declared in this scope
../HSVariant.h:70: error: `memcpy' was not declared in this scope
HSNetwork.cpp: In member function `void CHSNetwork::OnClose(CHSSocket*)':
HSNetwork.cpp:62: error: cast from `CHSSocket*' to `unsigned int' loses precisio
n
HSNetwork.cpp: In member function `void CHSNetwork::OnReceive(const char*, unsig
ned int, CHSSocket*)':
HSNetwork.cpp:110: error: cast from `CHSSocket*' to `unsigned int' loses precisi
on
HSNetwork.cpp: In member function `unsigned int CHSNetwork::Connect(const char*,
short unsigned int, const char*, const char*)':
HSNetwork.cpp:204: error: cast from `CHSSocket*' to `unsigned int' loses precisi
on
HSNetwork.cpp:221: error: cast from `CHSSocket*' to `unsigned int' loses precisi
on
HSNetwork.cpp: In member function `void CHSNetwork::CloseConnection(unsigned int
)':
HSNetwork.cpp:253: error: cast from `CHSSocket*' to `unsigned int' loses precisi
on
HSNetwork.cpp: In member function `bool CHSNetwork::SendPacket(CHSPacket&)':
HSNetwork.cpp:367: error: cast from `CHSSocket*' to `unsigned int' loses precisi
on
make[1]: *** [obj/HSNetwork.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/spaceadmin/pennmush-1.8.3p7/src/hspace/hsnetwo
rk'
make: *** [projhsnetwork] Error 2
[Go to top] top

Posted by David Haley   USA  (3,881 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Thu 17 Jun 2010 04:45 PM (UTC)
../HSVariant.h:69: error: `strlen' was not declared in this scope
../HSVariant.h:70: error: `memcpy' was not declared in this scope

You probably need to #include <string.h> at the top of the file or something like that.

Errors like this:
Quote:
HSNetwork.cpp:221: error: cast from `CHSSocket*' to `unsigned int' loses precision

are indicative of somebody coding in a kind of weird way. I'd have to see the code in question to know how to fix it. Changing 'unsigned int' to 'ptr_size_t' might fix it, but that's still kinda hacky.

David Haley aka Ksilyan
Head Programmer,
Legends of the Darkstone

http://david.the-haleys.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Fri 18 Jun 2010 03:55 AM (UTC)
OK adding the #include 'string.h' part worked... the other, changing unsigned int didn't. most of it compiled, until I got to this part.

$ make
(cd hsnetwork;make)
make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/mush/pennmush-1.8.3p7/src/hspace/hsnetw
ork'
Done with HSNetwork.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/mush/pennmush-1.8.3p7/src/hspace/hsnetwo
rk'
Generating dependency list for hscloaking.cpp...
gcc -I. -I../.. -I../../hdrs -Ihsnetwork -Wall -Wno-comment -DPENNMUSH -DHSPACE
-g -c hscloaking.cpp -o obj/hscloaking.o
In file included from hscloaking.cpp:7:
hsinterface.h:101: warning: `typedef' was ignored in this declaration
hscloaking.cpp: In member function `virtual HS_BOOL8 CHSSysCloak::SetAttributeVa
lue(const HS_INT8*, const HS_INT8*)':
hscloaking.cpp:32: error: `atof' was not declared in this scope
hscloaking.cpp:57: error: `atoi' was not declared in this scope
hscloaking.cpp: In member function `void CHSSysCloak::SetEngaged(HS_BOOL8)':
hscloaking.cpp:188: error: `atoi' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [obj/hscloaking.o] Error 1

then i gave me more errors. seems like there's a lot of stuff not put in here to make it work smoothly. Here is the website address for the code i'm trying to compile. I'm using the Hspace 4.4.1p1 code, but i don't think most of the files changed between the versions, cause none of them will compile for me.
[Go to top] top

Posted by David Haley   USA  (3,881 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Mon 21 Jun 2010 04:34 PM (UTC)
To get atoi and atof, you need to #include <stdlib.h>. (It looks like this code was written for a compiler version that was lax about forcing includes for common headers.)

David Haley aka Ksilyan
Head Programmer,
Legends of the Darkstone

http://david.the-haleys.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Sat 26 Jun 2010 03:48 AM (UTC)
I'm sorry I thought I included the link for these files... it's http://mindgames-studio.com/svn/hspace/branches/mongo/

Now, I've switched to trying to compile this with 1.8.4p0, cause it seems like the smart thing to do, and it seem to work until I get errors. Now I know that the last time these files were worked on was back in the early 2000's. Here's the latest errors that i have encountered. I've been making a list of what the fixes are as I go, so that maybe I can submit them to the website, and have them posted as changes.

shunsicker1@stephanie-lap /cygdrive/c/mush/pennmush-1.8.4p0/src/hspace
$ make
make -C hsportab CPPFLAGS='-DPENNMUSH -DHSPACE -O2 -DNDEBUG'
make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/mush/pennmush-1.8.4p0/src/hspace/hsportab'
gcc -I. -I../.. -I../../hdrs -DPENNMUSH -DHSPACE -O2 -DNDEBUG -c HSSocketManager
Posix.cpp -o obj/HSSocketManagerPosix.o
HSSocketManagerPosix.cpp: In function `void SigIOAction(int, siginfo_t*, void*)'
:
HSSocketManagerPosix.cpp:56: error: `struct siginfo_t' has no member named `si_fd'
HSSocketManagerPosix.cpp:57: error: `struct siginfo_t' has no member named `si_fd'
HSSocketManagerPosix.cpp:58: error: `struct siginfo_t' has no member named `si_fd'
HSSocketManagerPosix.cpp: In constructor HSSocketManager::HSSocketManager()':
HSSocketManagerPosix.cpp:159: error: `struct sigaction' has no member named `sa_restorer'
make[1]: *** [obj/HSSocketManagerPosix.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/mush/pennmush-1.8.4p0/src/hspace/hsporta
b'
make: *** [hsportab] Error 2

This time it doesn't appear to need a library attached, or does it? I really don't know enough about the C++ language to figure it out...if there was a website or something that had a serach engine, this would make it a lot easier, but doesn't appear to be one.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #7 on Sat 26 Jun 2010 04:14 AM (UTC)
Is that an option you can disable? It looks like you are compiling for Posix (judging by the file name). Just looking at this site:

http://www.mkssoftware.com/docs/man5/siginfo_t.5.asp

It looks like there is indeed no si_fd inside struct siginfo_t.

As I recall you can set up all sorts of compilation options for PennMUSH, maybe if you tweak those it won't even attempt to do this particular bit of the compile.

You could also try searching the PennMUSH site:

http://pennmush.org/

There are also links there to their FAQs, and I think there is a place you can post questions. I used to work with PennMUSH, but that was quite a few years ago, and the guys at the pennmush.org site ought to know more about current developments.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

27,145 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]