[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Why I can register the php dll

Why I can register the php dll

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Tianxz   (30 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Sun 16 May 2010 12:05 PM (UTC)
I have download the wamp(for php5.3) and php5activescript.dll. I register the php5activescript.dll with the command regsvr32 php5activescript.dll. But it show cannot find the dll when I register the dll for phpscript.
[Go to top] top

Posted by SWalcher   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Mon 17 May 2010 04:21 PM (UTC)
I've been having the same problem. After a little research, I found that WAMP uses different registered services for its Apache/PHP and MySQL.

I'd like to amend this question to ask if it's possible to use a different service (like the above) instead of the service created when you register "php5activescript.dll"?

Thanks
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #2 on Mon 17 May 2010 09:10 PM (UTC)
I don't know, these script engines can be a bit obscure at times. Quite possibly they are using slightly differently named DLLs. Maybe someone else knows?

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by SWalcher   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Mon 17 May 2010 09:55 PM (UTC)
Is there any way, in some config file or something, that I can tell MUSHClient to pipe PHPScript through service "A" (WAMP) rather than the default service "B" (php5activescript.dll)?

Thanks
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,973 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #4 on Mon 17 May 2010 10:10 PM (UTC)

Try searching this forum for "winamp" - there have been a few posts about it.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Shadowfyr   USA  (1,786 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #5 on Tue 18 May 2010 06:41 PM (UTC)
Uh. Wamp and Winamp are not the same thing, I don't think. Google says WAMP = Windows,Apache,MySQL,PHP/Perl/Python.
[Go to top] top

Posted by David Haley   USA  (3,881 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #6 on Tue 18 May 2010 06:47 PM (UTC)
What would it mean to pipe PHPScript through Apache? How would it be able to talk to MUSHclient? It'd be in an entirely different process space... if you want to write CGI, use the <L/W>AMP stack; if you want to write MUSHclient plugins I think you basically have to use the DLL that MUSHclient can speak to directly.

David Haley aka Ksilyan
Head Programmer,
Legends of the Darkstone

http://david.the-haleys.org
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #7 on Tue 18 May 2010 08:49 PM (UTC)

Uh. Wamp and Winamp are not the same thing, I don't think. Google says WAMP = Windows,Apache,MySQL,PHP/Perl/Python.

Ah, sorry. Didn't realize that.

I got confused by the terminology used and assumed he wanted to play music. The talk about piping the script through an external service instead of the php5activescript.dll misled me. The PHP script isn't a service in the first place, it is a way of running PHP scripts under the Windows Script Host and interfacing via that to the exposed MUSHclient functions.

I don't see how you would very usefully do something like that, although some progress could be made by using COM objects probably.

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Posted by Molliegooch82   (1 post)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #8 on Wed 27 Jul 2011 01:49 PM (UTC)
Click on the link provided below to download php5activescript.dll file and follow the steps given here.

http://dllcentral.com/php5activescript.dll/5.2.5.5/

Step1: Copy the downloaded file and paste it at the following location.

If you running a 32 bit OS, path will be
C: / Windows / System32
And If you running a 64 bit OS, path will be
C: / Windows / SysWOW64

Note: C: It is the drive in which your windows is installed.
Step 2: After copy the file there, restart your windows.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

28,239 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]