[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  Few question

Few question

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Drauk   Russia  (7 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Mon 17 Nov 2003 07:52 AM (UTC)

Amended on Mon 17 Nov 2003 07:57 AM (UTC) by Drauk

I'm recently decided to migrate to MUSHClient and in process of rewriting my scripts and have some questions.

1) Is there any way to enter speedwalk w/out a preceding speedwalk char? I dont need to enter special char to enter speedwalk in my current client, and im kinda very much used to this and if it possible would like to do so in MUSHClient

2) How do i configure alias that contain another alias for MUSHClient to parse it? Like i have

#alias {au} {gt all up;wa}
#alias {wa} {wake;stand}

How should i configure "au" alias in MUSHClient so it will send to mud

gt all up
wake
stand

instead of

gt all up
wa

3) How do i do thing like this - i have a variable and an alias that sends different strings to mud depending of value of variable. I guess its only posssible with scrpiting in MUSHClient, but whats the easiest way to do this? And a slight variation of this - i need to call different aliases depending of value of variable.

JScript example preferred.

Thanks in advance for help.

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #1 on Mon 17 Nov 2003 09:22 AM (UTC)

Send to execute
[Go to top] top

Posted by Magnum   Canada  (580 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #2 on Mon 17 Nov 2003 12:47 PM (UTC)
The default for any new alias is to Send to: World. Another option on the dropdown is to Send to: Execute.

The difference between them is that the former will send whatever is in the sendbox to the world, without processing the text. The latter acts as if whatever is in the send box was issued from the command box. In other words, any text that would be processed as an alias WILL be processed as an alias.

So, set your alias to Send to: Execute, and you will achieve the results you desire.

Get my plugins here: http://www.magnumsworld.com/muds/

Constantly proving I don't know what I am doing...
Magnum.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,990 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #3 on Mon 17 Nov 2003 06:40 PM (UTC)

Is there any way to enter speedwalk w/out a preceding speedwalk char?

Send to speedwalk.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #4 on Tue 18 Nov 2003 08:04 AM (UTC)
Thank you Nick, but i was asking is it possible to send speedwalk w/out preceding char from command window, not from alias.

[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,990 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #5 on Wed 19 Nov 2003 04:23 AM (UTC)
Oh I see. I thought you wanted to make an alias, like "shop" that was a speedwalk.

You could do an "automatic speedwalk" easily enough with an alias. You would need a regular expression that matches what a speedwalk would look like. Something like this:

<aliases>
  <alias
   match="([0-9]*[nsweud])+"
   enabled="y"
   regexp="y"
   send_to="11"
   sequence="100"
  >
  <send>%0</send>
  </alias>
</aliases>

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #6 on Wed 19 Nov 2003 07:45 AM (UTC)
Ohh. Thanks. I had an idea about something like that, but wasnt sure how to do this.

[Go to top] top

Posted by Andrewm   (2 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #7 on Tue 25 Nov 2003 12:22 AM (UTC)

Amended on Tue 25 Nov 2003 12:43 AM (UTC) by Andrewm

Hi. I tried this speedwalk, but it didn't really work. If I was standing I could speedwalk, but once I rested or typed anthing with an NEWSUD in it, it automatically subbed in up/down/north etc. Help please?

Also, in the triggers section, I managed to make a variable and an alias so i could type:targ1 Teraz and it would set my variable target to teraz, but how do I get it to BASH targ1 (teraz in this instance) when targ1 flies in from the north. ?
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #8 on Tue 25 Nov 2003 06:36 AM (UTC)
The concept can be made to work. You wanted it, have a play with different ideas. You probably need to modify it slightly to exclude other things on the line. For instance, add a "line begin" and "line end" to it:

Match: ^([0-9]*[nsweud])+$

- Nick Gammon

[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

22,282 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]