[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  General
. . -> [Subject]  world.DoAfter question

world.DoAfter question

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Posted by Guest1   USA  (256 posts)
Date Sat 04 Oct 2003 09:45 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 04 Oct 2003 10:35 AM (UTC) by Guest1

fires on: Your 'aegis' spell is about to fail.
which sends: aegis_warning
'Sent to:' is set to script

this call the script below:

sub aegis_warning
	world.EchoInput = 0
  world.send "grouptell :: aegis falling in 1 minute"
	world.EchoInput = 1
  world.DoAfter 48, "grouptell :: aegis falling in 10 seconds"
end sub

just wondering how to get rid of the echo on the DoAfter bit that is sent to the world... or can I? Nothing major, just asthetics..

cheers

addon: ..thinking some more, I guess I should get the DoAfter to call a script instead, and then the script could send to the world using the world.EchoInput = 0.. but how do I get the DoAfter to call a script rather than send to world? ..can I even?
[Go to top] top

Posted by Poromenos   Greece  (1,037 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #1 on Sat 04 Oct 2003 10:34 AM (UTC)
No, DoAfter only sends unparsed commands, but I guess you can use DoAfterSpecial to send something like "aegis_blablabla" and have that as an alias to call a script.

Vidi, Vici, Veni.
http://porocrom.poromenos.org/ Read it!
[Go to top] top

Posted by Guest1   USA  (256 posts)
Date Reply #2 on Sat 04 Oct 2003 10:41 AM (UTC)

Amended on Sat 04 Oct 2003 10:58 AM (UTC) by Guest1

hmm ok I gotchya, and just omit from output on the alias.. I'll give that a go, thanks. :)

hmm.. the alias didn't pick it up, it just sent straight to the mud :/ As I said, it's purely a cosmetic so no biggie.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Magnum   Canada  (580 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #3 on Sat 04 Oct 2003 02:14 PM (UTC)
Try using a full "AddTimer", which calls a script when fired. See the function list/help for syntax on how to use it.

Get my plugins here: http://www.magnumsworld.com/muds/

Constantly proving I don't know what I am doing...
Magnum.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

13,925 views.

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]